- Power Automate
- Power BI
- Qlik Sense Cloud
- Tableau Cloud / Tableau Desktop
Power Automate lets you integrate your systems with Survalyzer and offers countless integration possibilities. All Automations can be configured without coding or knowledge of the underlying API and helps to complete repetitive tasks effortless.
Getting Started with Power Automate
Sign up for a free Power Automate account to create your first Survalyzer automation right away.
How do I connect Survalyzer to Power Automate?
Login to your account, search the Survalyzer Connector in the Connectors Store. The Connection is easy established filling in the following form:
You need the following information:
- The data center (swiss or eu)
- The client_id and the client_secret can be found in the account setting on the tab Automation.
Survalyzer offer for all services which are available on the Public API Power Automate Actions.
With the the provided Actions, every integration with Survalyzer can be done in a short amount of time without any coding knowledge.
Zapier lets you connect Survalyzer to 3,000+ other web services. Automated connections called Zaps, set up in minutes with no coding, can automate your day-to-day tasks and build workflows between apps that otherwise wouldn’t be possible.
Each Zap has one app as the Trigger, where your information comes from and which causes one or more Actions in other apps, where your data gets sent automatically.
Getting Started with Zapier
Sign up for a free Zapier account, from there you can jump right in.
How do I connect Survalyzer to Zapier?
- Log in to your Zapier account or create a new account.
- Navigate to “Survalyzer” from the top menu bar.
- Now click on “Connect a new account…” and search for “Survalyzer”
- Use your credentials to connect your Survalyzer account to Zapier.
- Once that’s done you can start creating an automation! Use a pre-made Zap or create your own with the Zap Editor. Creating a Zap requires no coding knowledge and you’ll be walked step-by-step through the setup.
- Need inspiration? See everything that’s possible with Survalyzer and Zapier.
If you have any additional questions, you can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Popular use cases
Survalyzer offers the following integration functionality to cover the most common cases:
- New Response
- Read Workspaces
- Read Surveys
- Read Members
- Read Interviews
- Create Member
- Invite Member
- Delete Member
To Setup an integration the first step is to create a trigger. The two main use cases are:
- Cyclical actions triggered by a timer (e.g. export of interviews)
- Realtime actions when a interview is completed (e.g. import the interview to Salesforce and attach it to the customer record)
The next step is to connect the integration with your Survalyzer account:
The Survalyzer Url contains the tenant and the data center:
After the connection is established the final step is to add the action of choice:
By following these easy guided steps a complex integration task could be finished within minutes. If you have questions regarding the Survalyzer Zapier integration please contact us we are happy to assist.
Getting started with PowerBI
Survalyzer offers a PowerBI document template to simplify the usage of the API. Click on the Icon of your data center to download the PBIX template.
How do I connect Survalyzer to Power BI?
After Downloading the template execute the following steps:
1. Open the PBIX File
2. Click “Transform data” to open the query editor
3. Open the Survalyzer Account settings, navigate to the Automation tab and enter the Client ID and Client Secret in the Login method of Power BI shown in the image. If all is correct the screen looks like this:
4. Select GetInterviewData and enter the desired survey Id
The click “Refresh Preview”. If you get an error message about “Formula.Firewall: Query”, then the following steps needs to be carried out:
File => Options and Settings => Options and set ignore privacy levels
Afterwards receiving the data will be successful.
PowerBI Online Issues
The first issue is regarding authentication information and looks like this:
For PowerBI Online it’s necessary to do an explicit Login in favor of an implicit. The Login function returns a token which could be used for all subsequent calls. This is senseful for large reports where several surveys need to be read.
But for PowerBI it’s necessary to do the Login with each request. Therefore change the call in the GetInterviewData Table and change it as follows:
Default: = ReadInterviews(SecurityToken, surveyid, 0) For PowerBI Online: = ReadInterviews(Login("Your clientid", "Your clientsecret"), surveyid, 0)
This change will resolve the authentication issue.
The second issues is regarding the data protection and looks like this:
This issue can be mitigated by setting the privacy level to “Organizational”.
The next step is to extract the data into a regular table. Therefore Click on List in line interviews and afterwards click on the button “To Table”. Then use the expand icon on the top right corner of the table. This completes the setup procedure and the interviews are available as PowerBI table.
The functions ReadInterviews and ReadPanel can be used to read multiple surveys and Samples/Panels into PowerBI.
Connecting a Data Cube
More information about how to connect Power BI though the Survalyzer Data Cube can be found here:
Qlik Sense Cloud
More information about how to connect Qlik Sense Cloud though the Survalyzer API can be found here:
Tableau Cloud / Tableau Desktop
Tableau doesn’t have the possibility to connect a rest API, therefore the only way to consume data is a data cube. To commission a data cube please open a ticket within the Survalyzer Application and provide the following information:
- Survey for which the data cube shall be created
- User email for authentication
The support team sends an Entra ID invitation for this user and commissions the data cube. Afterwards the cube can be connected with the following steps:
1. Choose “Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services”
2. Provide the server URL (asazure://westeurope.asazure.windows.net/survalyzeranalysiseu) and choose OAuth Authentication
3. Connect with the provided User
4. Give the consent to connect
5. Choose the desired cube in Tableau
All survey and member data is now available to be used in Tableau.